Saturday, January 06, 2007

sewing woes

I guess I got in a hurry, so decided to paper piece a triangle today. I've learned several lessons: 1. you can't paper piece checks; 2. don't spill coffee on the ironing board, then iron a completed block over the spot where the coffee spilled, even if you've cleaned it up WELL; 3. Coffee comes out by pouring boiling water thru the fabric at a distance of about 12 inches. 4. Boiling water does pre-shrink a block!

I really do think that hand-piecing might have been less stressful!

1 comment:

SheMeows said...

What a shame! You had every problem that one could have and then some that weren't even written down in books yet :)

Don't despair, the next one will more than make up for the troubles you had with this one.

*Making mental note about keeping coffee cup away from ironing board myself*